Faculty - Dr. Jennifer Konzen
Professor of Christian Marriage and Family Therapy
Download my Resume/CV.
Educational Training and Awards
- PsyD, Marriage and Family Therapy, ALLIANT INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, 2014, San Diego
- Dissertation of the Year Award (2015): American Association of Marriage & Family Therapists
- New Professional Paper of the Year Award (2013): National Counsel on Family Relations
- MA, Marriage and Family Therapy, ALLIANT INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, 2009, San Diego
- Outstanding Masters Student Award
- BA, Musical Theatre and Vocal Performance, ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY, 1987, Tempe, AZ
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude, Arizona State University
- Certified in Sex Therapy
- Certified in Chemical Dependency Counseling
- Specialized training: Eating Disorders, Neurological Assessment, Music Therapy, Play Therapy
Licenses / Certifications / Memberships
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, MFT #51241
- Certified Sex Therapist with the American Board of Christian Sex Therapists (ABCST)
- Certified Chemical Dependency Counselor (AIU)
- Professional Associate Member of the American Association of Sexuality Educators Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
- AAMFT, CAMFT, and AACC Clinical Member
Academic / Teaching Experience
- Adjunct Professor, Alliant International University
- Adjunct Professor, Bethel University
- The Intimate Marriage: Intensives and Workshops, Nationally and Internationally
- · International Speaker on Sexuality
- More Than Imagined Marital Intensives, Los Angeles and San Diego
- Invited Speaker: Breast Cancer Survivor workshop – Sex and Breast Cancer
- Invited Conference Speaker – Blended Families Conference, Living Water Conference, Relationships Conference, Jesus Conference, San Diego
- From Fear to Intimacy Marriage Workshop, San Diego, Los Angeles, Singapore
- Rest and Invest Pastor and Mate Retreat, San Diego
- His Needs Her Needs Workshop, San Diego
- "My Therapist Says” Panels, San Diego
- Prepare/Enrich Seminar Director, Facilitator, and Facilitator Trainer
- Marriage Dynamics, Facilitator
- The Power of Parenting, Preparing for the Middle School & Teen Years, and It Takes a Village Workshops, Poway Unified School District, San Diego
- Mandated Reporting for Church and Youth Ministry Staff, Mission Center of Hope, San Diego
- Konzen, J., & Konzen, T. (2017). Redeemed Sexuality. San Diego: Konzen Publishing.
- Konzen, J., & Konzen T. (2016). The Art of Intimate Marriage. San Diego: Konzen Publishing.
- Konzen, J. (2014).·The EIS model: A mixed methods research study of a multidisciplinary sex therapy treatment·(Order No. 3642199). Available from ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global. (1629461631).
- Konzen, J. (2012). Graduated Intimacy: A Guided Intervention for Improving Verbal Sexual Intimacy. San Diego: Konzen Publishing.
- Konzen, J. (2012). Teaching and Modeling Conflict Resolution. Retrieved from https://www.sdcoc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=212:children's-teaching-and-modeling-conflict-resolution&catid=50:childrens-ministry&Itemid=185